Distinguished authors will be present for performances and signings for events at a Private Club in West Hollywood and at Chapman University
( purchase tickets)
Meet America’s finest short story writers at WordTheatre when great actors bring great short stories to life. Each evening in the series will feature a selection of film and television actors performing the featured authors’ stories, followed by a reading from the author, a Q&A with the artists, and signings. This series is presented in association with Chapman University.
October 13 - Private Club in West Hollywood
- Fred Melamed (A Serious Man, In a World...)
- Kevin McKidd (Grey's Anatomy, Trainspotting)
- Sterling Sulieman (Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries)
- John Heard (Home Alone, Sharknado)
- David Means – Winner of a 2013 Guggenheim Fellowship, Means is a National Book Critics Circle Award finalist, and a Los Angeles Times Book Prize winner. Means’s stories have made several appearances in The New Yorker and the O. Henry Prize collections, and have been included in The Best American Short Stories, The Best American Mystery Stories and numerous anthologies.
Doors open at 4:30 PM for drinks, performances begin at 5. Signing of purchased books only; Small World Books will sell books on site. Cast is subject to change.