By now you've hopefully seen "Grey's Anatomy" and we're very excited by a huge new group of people visiting the site to learn more about Kevin! Our numbers jumped exponentially off the charts after the premiere of Season 5. If you are new and a "Grey's" fan, Kevin IS indeed set to do 11 episodes of the show (for starters). "So" don't rule out our resident "badass" just yet; he'll be back. Now for the latest and greatest in site updates....
1) We had quite a few people join us in chat from the HBO Rome boards and www.Ray-Stevenson.com --thanks for coming our way and participating! We've also had a LOT of "Grey's Anatomy" fans who are now learning of Kevin and a few emails about sites wishing to affiliate with us. Awesome! We'll be creating an affiliates link of sites in our Fan Forum message boards soon for those interested. Our chat night was a great time & we discussed a wide range of Kevin-related topics. For more details on our chat night discussion, see the Message Boards. We had fun so there's a bit too much to recap here.
2) People have read about the Christmas gift we sent Kevin last year and asked what we’re planning this year. Instead of giving to Kevin this time, we’re giving to a charity he supports. We’re raising money through donations and a new shop link; 100% donated and a few dollars of each item purchased in the online shop will go to an account set aside for Out of the Darkness Theatre Company. In December, we will give every penny raised to the Company in honor of Kevin and on behalf of all the fans here. Monetary gain plays no part on this site (it’s our permanent rule), but we hope you’ll join us in wanting to give to a very worthy cause. In addition, we’ll be sending Kevin a special KMK Online shirt from the store from all the fans. We may also have our fans help create or pick it out via the Fan Forum so it’s a great time to be involved!
3) How to help: Visit the Fans tab. There, you will find a widget that you can embed on almost any personal blog or social networking site—just click the share button to get the code. On that grab-and-go widget is information about Out of the Darkness Theatre Company and a link to our site and theirs, as well as a video of Kevin in action and a direct link to making donations. When you give, the donation bar is automatically raised. Promote Kevin and the gift of giving in one easy step.
4) Under the Fans Section, you will also find the "Shop for Charity" link in our drop down menu. Throughout October, those in the U.S. and Canada will receive free shipping if you spend 30$ or more. Copy the coupon code on our Shop page and then click on the Shop link to see a list of products. International shipping to many countries is also available; check rates and details on the site. Two-to-five dollars (dependent on item cost) of every item sold before December 15th will also go to the fund for Out of the Darkness Theatre Company.
5) Our next chat will be around Halloween and fright films are the theme, especially Dog Soldiers and Hannibal Rising. Day and time still To Be Announced so keep checking back. We encourage you to pre-register for chat access and update your Java script to avoid technical difficulties. If you have any problems, just let us know using the "Contact Us" tab and we'll do what we can to help.