to find out what Kevin is going to be doing read the information below and either join him in the fast or help spread the word.....fasting for a day beginning at 9 am EDT (GMT 13:00)
The lives of thousands of children in Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia are at risk due to severe food shortages. The UN has called this East Africa’s worst drought in 60 years. Save the Children staff, volunteers and supporters will be holding a “Fast-A-Thon” on August 8 to show solidarity for children and their families affected by the food crisis in East Africa.
Three Ways You Can Help:
1. Take part in Save the Children’s August 8th “Fast-A-Thon”
· Skip your favorite snack and donate what you would have spent on that treat to Save the Children. Just $1 can feed a child for a day.
· Skip a meal and donate to Save the Children. The $5 you would have spent on your meal can help feed a child for 5 days.
· Skip a day's worth of food. Ask your family or friends to donate $1 for each hour you go without eating. If you can raise $100, Save the Children will be able to feed a child for 100 days.
Visit www.SavetheChildren.org/Fastathon to learn more.
2. Spread the word through Social Media
1) Post one of these as your Facebook status on August 8th
a. Hungry? You'll live. Kids in the Horn of Africa are walking miles in search of food. Help Save the Children by reposting this as your status and donating here: http://j.mp/qTWk8c
b. Kids in the Horn of Africa are walking for miles in search of food and water. Show them you care & help Save the Children by posting this as your status and donating here:http://j.mp/qTWk8c
2) Tweet one of these on August 8th
a. Hungry? You'll live. Kids in the #HornofAfrica are walking miles in search of #food. Help @SavetheChildren: http://j.mp/qTWk8c #Fastathon
b. Kids in #EastAfrica are walking miles in search of #food/#water. Show them you care & help @SavetheChildren: http://j.mp/qTWk8c #Fastathon
3. Share these Save the Children videos/PSA’s on Facebook and Twitter (anytime is good)
Grey’s Anatomy Star Kevin McKidd PSA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA5EpLOe6E4
Children’s Voices PSA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvvb_lXzsc